Listen to archived episodes at mixcloud.com

Thursday, February 11, 2016

In which I can admit I'm wrong





















I'm about a week late with this, but I had once joked that despite their respective decades of hard living, Leonard Bernstein would end up living a longer life than Keith Richards for the sole reason that in classical music one can't smoke onstage. (Along with the constant smoking, Lenny was also into booze and pills, and generally didn't take great care of himself.) Well, on February 4, Keith made it to day 26,346 (72 years, 1 month, 2 weeks, 2 days) moving past the maestro. Credit where credit is due, I suppose.


I knew the day was approaching, but it was hearing the Chinese New Year being rung in with "Monkey Man", one of the few Stones songs I really like, that made me check the math.


And by "liking it", it's really what Keith and Charlie are doing along with Nicky Hopkins on piano (and Keith has both guitar parts on this one). I mean, "I'm a cold Italian pizza, I could use a lemon squeeze-a", really?


No comments:

Post a Comment